Thursday, July 19, 2012

Leave a Legacy

"If you stay ready, you never have to get ready"


I want to thank the coaches at Legacy Martial Arts in Quincy, IL, Mr. Robert Bentley and Mr. Dominique Jackson for the awesome shirts they sent me a few weeks ago. (My camera is broken or I would have pics already...hopefully soon.)

The quote above is on the back of one of the shirts, and I loved it in particular, because it hit me like a brick. I want to be the fighter who is always ready. I've been hard on my body since I was in Jr. High. Gaining and losing weight, starving myself, binge eating...I've had issues to say the least, but when I started fighting I wanted to change all that. Fighting gave me a goal to always be working towards. I always want to be getting better, looking ahead at the next fight, getting my body in better shape and working more efficiently all the time.

Dieting is hard. Cutting weight is hard. Training is hard (but is actually the easy part for me). But I've found that it is so much easier to diet and train hard all the time, especially when it comes down to cutting time, than it is to try to sweat out a bad diet, or starve off those last couple pounds because I didn't run when I should have. It's almost a science, and it requires some trial and error to figure out what works for you, but when you get it right it feels so good. 

I've been on a journey the past six months...getting back into shape, eating right, fighting again...and I've come along way. This time, I'm going to stay ready for good...because getting ready is way more work.

Get ready, stay ready...you never know what might come your way.



No comments:

Post a Comment