Monday, July 23, 2012

Crazy Weekend!

My weekend was exhausting, and not in the same way my normal days are exhausting with working and training. I had to work Friday through Sunday, so there was no training for me this weekend :( It's a good thing I kept busy when I wasn't at work or I would have been verrryyy cranky.

Saturday I was hoping to get off early since Joseph and I had plans to drive to Peoria for a little shopping spree after I got off, but of course we were short on staff at the hotel and i had TWENTY rooms to clean in seven hours. That's the most I've had since I started working there two weeks ago and it was rough. Add on the sore legs and butt from my leg day the day before and not being able to sleep the night before, and I wanted to die. On top of that, I didn't drink enough water with my breakfast, so my thermogenic supplement made me feel yuck! Eventually, though, it was all over and time for some fun...if you call shopping fun, which I'm often not sure I do.

Don't get me wrong. I can be girly and love treating myself to some nice clothes, shoes (especially shoes!) and other frilly, girly things. I just find it difficult to spend money on something I might only wear once a month, and trying things on can be so damn frustrating! Especially with an athletic build like mine. But I enjoyed getting out of those house with my man, and I did score some nice duds. Even if I did get more sporty stuff than girly :) 

We also bought a few things for around the house and made a stop at Barnes and Noble. We FINALLY bought some new knives that are gloriously easier to chop with than our old, dull, cheap ones we've had since I moved out of my parents house. 

Barnes and Noble is probably one of my favorite places ever, because I can always find a book that fits. I could spend my whole paycheck and hours in that store. This time, I chose a book I've been thinking about checking out for a while, Curly Girl. My curly hair drives me crazy, and I finally decided that if this book could help me embrace my hair, it would make my life that much easier in those times when I do choose to be girly...and because I may have some photo shoots coming up and I want to look my best! I have to say, after reading the book, I'm convinced that it's going to change my hair forever. But I'll leave that for another time.

Note: I don't always choose such girly books. My hair problem just needed addressed. You'll normally find me in the fitness or sports sections. Don't judge. 

All this time we spent shopping, I was super hungry! Not good. It was pretty late when we got back to town, and we hadn't been able to get groceries, so we chose the "least bad" restaurant we could...and ended up at a favorite little diner downtown. Since there wasn't a lot of choices that fit into my meal plan...I did the best I could...and filled up on eggs and salad, with a little rice. Not the best, but could have been worse, sometimes you gotta roll with the punches.

Now it's Monday, we've stocked up on healthy groceries, and I'm ready to get some work done! There's just under four weeks until my fight (and my boyfriend Joseph is fighting on the card too, I'm excited to fight together again!) so it's time to buckle down and become hermits until fight night!



No comments:

Post a Comment