Monday, July 23, 2012

Lean Dessert

If you're like me, you've tried a bunch of different protein powders, many of which claim to be the "Best Tasting Protein in the Whole World!" but really taste like chemical crap...and you end up with a 3 pound tub of powder you can't think about ingesting without gagging that you wasted 50 dollars on...ugh. I also have an issue with protein that have 100g protein per scoop, or 500% of you daily value of vitamin C...I may be exaggerating a bit but you see my point. Why am I paying this company for all that protein in one serving when I can't even digest that much protein at once!? It's a waste. So I'm constantly looking for a protein that tastes good, is affordable, and has the right amount of calories/nutrients for my fitness goals.

One product I like is BSN's Lean Dessert protein. I've tried two flavors: Chocolate Fudge Pudding and Chocolate Coconut Candy Bar. They also have delicious sounding flavors like Cinnamon Roll and Banana Cream Pudding. YUM!

Here's my ratings of the product in a few categories overall:
Taste-7.5  It's not the best protein I've ever had, but it's pretty darn good. I can drink it everyday no prob.
Mixability-9  I've mixed this in a blender, blender bottle, and with a spoon and it always comes out great. I usually mix my shakes with unsweetened almond milk, and the creamy milk mixed with the protein almost has a chocolate mousse consistency. MMM...
Nutrition Facts-8 At 130 calories (for the chocolate coconut flavor), it's perfect for a snack on a restricted calorie diet. It also has a reasonable 20g of protein per scoop for repairing muscle after training.


Price-7  I got a 1.39 lb jug for 17.95 on ebay.com, and last I checked it was 19.99 on bodybuilding.com...not bad, but the jug is small and doesn't last long...there's only 18 serving per container and I usually have one and a half servings per day, that's about the only thing I don't like about this product. 

Overall Rating: 8

Have you tried this product? Tell me your thoughts on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment