Saturday, August 18, 2012

Weigh Ins and FIGHT DAY!

Woohoooooo! Fight day is finally here! I'm pumped to get back in the cage!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but the last week or so leading up to the fight is always a hectic one. I recorded some video blogs during cut week that I'm working on editing for you all, so stay tuned for those!

This cut was a somewhat difficult one, it was my first time attempting to cut to 135 in over a year, and my body is much different now, plus my schedule is much different, so it was kind of a trial run if you will. After I hit 140 my body refused to sweat any more, and after no eating or drinking all day I weighed in at 138.4. My opponent was a last minute match-up and weighed in at 143, so I'm glad I didn't overwork myself trying to get to 135 for nothing.

We weighed in at Hooters, where the event will take place outdoors, and then it was time to drink and eat! I always start off with a Pedialyte to rehydrate quickly, then I had one thing I've been craving for WEEKS: peanut butter, banana, and honey on wheat toast =D It made me very happy. That was followed up by a smart water and some Hooters fries. They had free wings for the fighters, but my stomach is sensitive after crash dieting and dehydrating, so I stayed away from those. We went to an awesome Italian restaurant called Avanti's. I had spaghetti and meatballs, although after all the liquids, the sandwhich, and an appetizer and fresh baked bread, I had a lot leftover to take home :) We ended the night with a couple movies, including Warrior, and snacking and rehydrating more.

This morning started off with pancakes, eggs, and bacon with water and chocolate milk, then I went to get my hair braided and I'm ready for war. There will be more relaxing and eating until the fights tonight..and then it's time for action!

Make sure you come back and check out my first video blogs and results!

No comments:

Post a Comment