Friday, August 10, 2012

Holy Legs Batman!

So, after a CRAZY week at work and computer troubles, I'm finally getting to post this!

Monday I annihilated my legs. I wanted to get in a killer leg workout this week, since next week I won't be lifting because I have a fight on Saturday (possible news on an opponent coming soon!)

So, if you're looking for punishment, give this a try.

The key to a good lifting workout (in my opinion/experience) is to choose a challenging weight, for whatever number of reps you're doing. If you don't, you're wasting your time.

Leg Workout 8/6/12

Leg Press 15, 12, 12, 10reps
Sumo Squat w/ Dumbbell 3x15reps
Single Leg Deadlift 3x12reps each leg
Leg Extensions 15, 12, 12, 10reps
Squats 15, 12, 12, 10reps
Leg Curls 3x15reps
Calf Raises 3x12reps

As if that wasn't enough pain for my legs, I decided to hit the track after.

Track Workout 8/6/12

Warm Up:
400m run
stretch

Bleacher Set:
5 minutes stair running
5 minutes stair climb with glute extension

Track Set:
400m run
4x100m sprint
400m run
4x100m sprint
400m run
2x100m sprint

That's probably not a ton for seasoned sprinters, but I haven't done that much sprinting since high school track, and I'm learning to love it again! Sprints definitely rev up my fat burning and have made my footwork faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment